1. The information we collect
When you use this website, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit MyNextDownload.com.
* Automatically Collected Information: Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit the MyNextDownload.com. We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to monitor the usage of our site. Also, when we send e-mails to you, we may be able to identify information about your e-mail address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails. All of the information we capture provides us with the ability to enhance our customers' search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user.
* Information Collected Using Pixel Tags: To help us understand the effectiveness of certain of our e-mail marketing efforts, MyNextDownload.com may use 'message format' and 'message open' sensing technologies. Both technologies require the use of pixel tags. The 'message format' sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have enabled your e-mail program to receive HTML e-mails; if so, this information is then associated with your e-mail address so that subsequent messages can be sent to you in HTML format. The 'message open' sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have opened our e-mail. We can only detect this if you have enabled your e-mail program to receive HTML e-mails.
* Information You Actively Submit to MyNextDownload.com: For most of the browsing services we provide, we neither require nor collect 'Personal Customer Information' -- your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address(es), phone number and credit card information. You can browse the MyNextDownload.com website and take as much time as you want to review our books and other products without having to submit any Personal Information. Even when you use our shopping cart as you browse, there is no need to submit Personal Customer Information.
2. How we use and share Personal Customer Information
MyNextDownload.com uses the Personal Customer Information to market products and services occasionally. If you have MyNextDownload.com website account, you can opt-out from us using your information for this purpose at any time by logging onto your Account and following the instructions under Name, Password and Communication Preferences. If you shop on MyNextDownload.com without an account, you can opt-out by selecting the link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail communication from MyNextDownload.com that you receive and follow the instructions.
MyNextDownload.com shares the Personal Customer Information that we collect as follows:
* Subcontractors: We send Personal Customer Information to the third-party subcontractors and agents who work on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are restricted from using such information in anyway not expressly authorized by MyNextDownload.com.
* Service Providers: We send Personal Customer Information to the third-party providers of goods and services that you may purchase from time to time on our site (e.g., prints and posters). Like subcontractors, they also do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information. They are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are restricted from using such information in anyway not expressly authorized by MyNextDownload.com.
* Membership programs: We work with certain entities who, in conjunction with their own membership programs or rewards programs, require that we disclose purchasing information about their customers who visit the website or use the partner's credit card to make purchases on the website. We disclose only the information required to make these programs work and support your membership with them, which typically includes the name and/or e-mail address of the user. We disclose this information to such entities under an agreement that requires that they obtain your consent first, usually under the membership rules. If you do not want us to disclose that information to the strategic partner, then you must contact them directly.
* Credit card companies: Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, who receive the credit card number and other personal information only to verify the credit card numbers and the process transactions.
* Special Orders at MyNextDownload.com Bookstores: To facilitate special orders from certain stores of our affiliate, we provide such affiliate with limited access to billing and shipping addresses of our account holders. Such affiliate does not have access to credit card information and cannot make changes to the customer accounts.
* Companies affiliated with MyNextDownload.com: From time to time, on limited basis, we may share with entities affiliated with MyNextDownload.com contact information of our account holders and individuals that makes purchase without an account so that such entities can promote special offers, events, new products and services.
* MyNextDownload.com account holders can opt-out from our use of your information at any time by logging onto your Account and follow the instructions under ‘Change Your Communication Preferences’.
* MyNextDownload.com users who make purchases without an account can opt-out by selecting the link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail communication from MyNextDownload.com and follow the instructions.
* Other Trustworthy Third Parties: From time to time, on limited bases, we may share with trustworthy third parties the contact information of our account holders so that such third parties can promote their products and services. You, as an account holder, can opt-out from our disclosure of your information at any time by logging onto your Account and follow the instructions under ‘Change Your Communication Preferences’.
* Law Enforcement Investigations: MyNextDownload.com may release Personal Customer Information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MyNextDownload.com, our users or others.
3. Communications from MyNextDownload.com
As a MyNextDownload.com account holder, you may receive the following communications from us:
* Communications related to transaction, account and website maintenance activities. By creating an account or making a purchase without a MyNextDownload.com account, you may receive communications from us relating to: order confirmations; order updates; order problems; important website information and material changes to site policies and account management procedures.
* Communications from MyNextDownload.com and its affiliated companies: As a MyNextDownload.com purchaser or account holder, we use and share your contact information to communicate special offers, events, new products and services from MyNextDownload.com and our affiliated companies. We communicate via e-mail, postal mail and outbound telephone calls depending upon your settings in you ‘Communications Preferences’; as a purchaser without a MyNextDownload.com account, we may communicate to you via e-mail. Any MyNextDownload.com account holder can opt-out from the receipt of any such communications methods by logging onto his or her Account and follow the instructions under 'Change Your Communication Preferences’. If you make a purchase without a MyNextDownload.com account, you may opt-out from the receipt of such communications by selecting the link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail communication and follow the instructions.
* Keep Me Posted! Communications: You may sign up for free e-mail Newsletters and Alerts filled with recommendations and reviews for books, music, movies and more. To do so, you will need to supply your e-mail address in the ‘Keep Me Posted!’ Please note that this Keep Me Posted is different from the MyNextDownload.com Account and password which you set up to make purchases. Furthermore, the contact information collected in the ‘Keep Me Posted!’ is only used to forward the Newsletters and Alerts you select. To unsubscribe from any Keep Me Posted! Newsletter or Alert, you can either (i) select the link at the bottom of any Keep Me Posted! Newsletter or Alert and follow the instructions or (ii) go to the Help section of our site: Under 'Your Account' select Reviewing or Changing Your Subscription Choices and Keep Me Posted! Newsletters and Alerts and follow the instructions.
* MyNextDownload.com Club Communications: When you sign up to become a member of the MyNextDownload.com Club, you will receive updates. If you would rather not receive announcements from us, please log onto your MyNextDownload.com go to the preference section of the Account Information pages and follow the instructions.
4. Placing an Order Without a MyNextDownload.com Account
You can place an order at MyNextDownload.com website without an account. You will need to submit an e-mail address and other Personal Customer Information such as billing address, shipping address and payment information. Afterwards, with the use of your e-mail address and order number, you will be able to view certain order information in the ‘Order Status’ section of our website such as the billing address, shipping address and some payment information. If you do not wish to have this information displayed with the use of your e-mail address and order number, please place your order using a MyNextDownload.com account which provides the added security level of password-protected access to such information.
5. Underage customers
Our products and services are marketed for purchase by adults or with the consent of adults. This is why MyNextDownload.com requires a credit card that has been authorized for use to complete purchases on our site.
From time to time, parents and guardians allow their children under the age of 18 to browse our site and to post reviews. We highly value these views on the books and other products and services we offer. As such, users of our site have the opportunity in many instances to submit their reviews. Each user also has the option to post his or her email address and other contact information so that other users of our site may contact them directly. However, to protect the privacy of any user of our site who is under the age of 13, we do not permit them to post any contact information.
6. Linking to third-party websites
When you click on the links and banners on our site that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to their privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, MyNextDownload.com cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.
7. Questions or comments
9. Security Policy
1. Protecting your information
The Personal Customer Information you provide -- including your credit card information -- to create and access an account with us and to make purchases from us (whether or not you use an account) is secured using industry standard e-commerce security technology such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We use this SSL technology to prevent such information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data goes to a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites.
2. Unique E-mail, Password & Security Answer for MyNextDownload.com Account
When you create a MyNextDownload.com account, we secure your Personal Customer Information in the following manner:
We cross check an e-mail address with the submitted password to validate access to any MyNextDownload.com customer account. We do not allow any e-mail address to access more than one MyNextDownload.com account. When a new MyNextDownload.com account is created, we require you to submit an e-mail address that is not associated with an existing MyNextDownload.com account. We request you to select a security question and a security answer which you can use to access your account when you forget your password.
We encourage you to use a password and a security answer that is not easily determinable. Keep your password and answer secure; do not share it with anyone. The password and security answer are the 'keys' to your account; anyone who gets these 'keys' can, along with your e-mail address, gain access to your account.
If you forget your password, to gain access to your account you will need to know your security answer and have access to your e-mail account. On the Account Sign-In Page, click on the Forgot your password? Link and then type in the e-mail address of the account you would like to open. A message will be sent to your e-mail address with instructions on how to access your account and change your password.
3. Placing an Order without a MyNextDownload.com Account
If you place an order at MyNextDownload.com without an account, certain order detail information will be accessible with the use of your e-mail address and order number. Although specific item details are masked, viewable information includes billing address, shipping address, payment type and order. If you don’t wish to have such information displayed with the use of your e-mail address and order number, please place your order using a MyNextDownload.com account which provides the added security level of password-protected access to such information.
4. Remember to sign out
To further prevent unauthorized access to your account, remember that, after you sign in, you should sign out once you have (i) completed your transaction, (ii) completed managing your account (iii) decided to step away from your computer. Anyone who accesses your computer after you have signed in but before you have either signed out or your session has timed-out can access your account.
5. Alternative customer purchasing options
If you do not feel comfortable sending your credit card information to us over the Internet, you still can shop with us. We welcome you to call us to complete your purchase by phone. Please go to our Help Desk link and see the Payment Options section for details.